High Point Academy Spartanburg is looking to add a Special Education Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. This position will serve in an elementary, self-contained classroom. This candidate must demonstrate the competencies and behaviors needed to improve student preparedness and mastery and to support the values, vision, and mission of HPA and the South Carolina Public Charter School District.
- Responsible for the development of individualized educational plans and services.
- Responsible for planning, developing, delivering, and evaluating appropriate specialized instruction to meet the unique needs of students with disabilities.
- Responsible for adhering to state and federal timelines and reporting procedures.
- Responsible for assessing student progress toward instructional objectives.
- Responsible for creating a positive learning experience with an emphasis in individualized instruction using appropriate sources and materials.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining classroom structure and consistency to encourage student responsibility, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with special education and general education staff.
- SC Certification as Generic Special Education, Intellectual Disability, Learning Disability, or Multicategorical.
SC Public Charter School District
High Point Academy
We are a community-centered school built on the principles of honor, integrity, and service where academic excellence, STEAM education, and a project-based, applied learning instruction builds tomorrow’s leaders.
High Point Academy Spartanburg is a free public charter school in Spartanburg County, serving students in kindergarten through 12th-grades. HPA provides competitive wages and compensation packages, including South Carolina retirement and insurance benefits.