Every YPA Teacher is responsible for sustaining and improving excellent academic results for students. YPA Teachers align classroom instruction with the YPA Charter and expectations.
- Obtain outstanding measurable results in terms of both student growth and performance utilizing data driven instruction and project/inquiry-based learning.
- Align instructional content and methods with outcomes expressed in the charter, annual operating plan and SC requirements.
- Participate in regular formal and informal evaluation & coaching.
- Create a positive learning environment in which students are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Enhance classroom performance by collaborating with peers, lead teachers and administrators.
- Participate in ongoing professional development.
- Establish a learning community within the classroom where all students are recognized for their strengths and student behavior expectations are clear.
- Keep accurate records and complete all paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate flexibility in duties.
- Promote and maintain a safe and healthful environment in the classroom and building.
- Be knowledgeable of, and adhere to, all procedures and practices contained in the current employee, student and parent Handbooks.
- Other duties as assigned by the Building Principal.
Education Valid South Carolina Teaching Certificate, fluency in Spanish with a strong GPA in relevant coursework.
Skills/Efforts Demonstrate Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of effective and innovative instructional and student evaluation techniques a commitment to academic rigor, excellent judgment, and a strong aptitude for organization, planning and execution. YPA teachers are also expected to exhibit to professional collaboration, integrity, enthusiasm, receptiveness, and excellence in communication, both verbal and written.
Working Conditions Classroom environment with limited exposure to outside conditions. Activities require movement/lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds.